1. Toss meat in seasoned flour.
2. Put oil and butter in a pan and heat until hot.
3. Seal beef until brown on all sides, remove and set aside.
4. Add onions and garlic puree to pan and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Return meat to pan.
6. Pour water over Major Roast Beef Stock Base and mix well.
7. Add stock, ale, mustard and mushrooms to pan and return to the boil stirring well.
8. Put in covered casserole dish and cook in a pre-heated oven 160º C, Gas mark 3 for three hours or until meat is tender.
9. Thicken with corn flour to desired consistency if required.
10. Chill and use as required for pies