1. Heat the oil in a large pan.
2. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the shallots and garlic and cook until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
4. Drain off the fat from the pan. Add the wine, bring to the boil and reduce by a ?.
5. Pour water over Major Roast Chicken Stock Base and mix well.
6. Add chicken stock, mustard and tarragon to pan and mix in with the wine.
7. Return the chicken, shallots and garlic to the pan, cover, then simmer gently for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
8. Stir in the cornflour and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
9. Remove from the heat and stir in the crème fraiche.
10. Season with pepper. Garnish top with tarragon leaves.
11. Serve with rice.