1. Put all meatball ingredients in a blender and whizz until well mixed.
2. Shape into 15g meatballs.
3. Put oil in a large frying pan and fry meatballs turning with a slotted spoon for 6-8 minutes or until they are well browned. Remove with a spoon and set aside.
4. To make the gravy, put oil in a pan, add red onions, garlic purée and cook slowly until soft.
5. Increase heat, add wine and reduce by half.
6. Pour boiling water over Major Roast Beef Stock Base and mix well.
7. Add stock and herbs to pan and bring to the boil.
8. Stir in cornflour.
9. Add meatballs to gravy and simmer for 45 minutes.
10. Chill and use as required for pies.