1. Place peppers on a baking tray.
2. Put in a very hot oven and leave until well charred.
3. Remove from oven, place in a plastic bag and tie end.
4. Leave for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from bag and peel.
6. Remove stalks and drain juice from pepper, discard, then place peppers in a blitzer with the tomatoes and ginger.
7. Blitz until smooth.
8. Add garlic puree, sugar, white wine vinegar, Major Mari Bases balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Blitz until well mixed.
9. Place in saucepan, bring to boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
10. Stir in arrowroot and simmer for a further 2 minutes.
11. Chill and use as required.