French Onion Soup with Goats Cheese Croute
Using Major Beef Stock Base Powder and Major Roast Onion Stock Base Paste
Major Beef Stock Base Powder
Major Roast Onion Stock Base Paste
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Baguette Slices - 2cm Thick
1. Heat oil in a pan, add onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
2. Add bacon lardons and sauté until onions are golden brown and caramelised.
3. Add butter and garlic puree. Mix into onions.
4. De-glaze the pan with red wine, bring to the boil and reduce by half.
5. Add sugar, thyme and rosemary.
6. Pour water over Major Beef Stock Base Powder then stir in Major Roast Onion Stock Base Paste.
7. Add stock to onions and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
8. Season with peppers then remove the thyme and rosemary stalks.
9. Place a piece of goats cheese on each slice of baguette. Place under grill until lightly browned.
10. Serve with a croute on each portion of soup.