1. Heat butter in a pan. Cook onions, celery and garlic purée, stirring until onions are soft.
2. Add ginger, cinnamon and saffron and cook for a further two minutes.
3. Add lamb and cook until browned on all sides.
4. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring until soft.
5. Pour water over Major Lamb Stock Base Powder and mix well.
6. Add stock to pan.
7. Simmer covered for 45 minutes.
8. Add lentils and chickpeas cover and simmer for a further hour.
9. Stir in cornflour.
10. Stir in rice and simmer until tender.
11. Stir in Major Moroccan Mari Base, coriander, lemon juice and black pepper.