Caribbean Chicken with Mango and Rice
Using Major Caribbean Jerk Mari Base and Major Roast Chicken Stock Base
Chicken Thighs- Skinless/Boneless
Major Caribbean Jerk Mari Base(1)
Canned Black Beans- Drained/Rinsed
Major Roast Chicken Stock Base
Major Caribbean Jerk Mari Base(2)
Ripe Mango- Peeled/Stoned/Cut into Bite Size Pieces
1. Marinade chicken in Major Caribbean Jerk Mari Base (1) overnight.
2. Put the rice and beans into a large ovenproof dish with deep sides.
3. Pour water over Major Roast Chicken Stock Base and mix well.
4. Stir Major Caribben Jerk Mari Base (2) into stock and mix.
5. Pour the hot stock over the rice and beans, mix well.
6. Place chicken and mango pieces on top.
7. Cover the dish tightly with foil and cook in a pre heated oven 160°C for 30 minutes.
8. Take the dish out of oven and remove foil.
9. Increase the temperature of the oven to 200°C.
10. Spoon the mango chutney over the thighs and return to the oven, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
11. Scatter with coriander leaves and lime wedges.