Piri Piri Steak and Ale Pie
Using Major Piri Piri Mari Base, Major Beef Stock Base and Major Veal Jus
Lean Braising Steak - 2cm Diced
Major Piri Piri Mari Base
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Cornflour - Mixed with a Little Cold Water
1. Coat beef in flour. Shake off excess.
2. Heat butter and 25ml of the oil in a pan. Cook beef in batches until browned all over. Place in casserole dish.
3. Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Add onions, carrots and garlic purée. Cook, stirring until onion softens.
4. Return beef to the pan and stir well.
5. Add stout, sugar, vinegar, Major Veal Jus Powder, Major Beef Stock Base, Major Piri Piri Mari-Base, thyme and bayleaf. Stir well until mixed.
6. Bring to the boil. Season with pepper.
7. Place in casserole dish, cover and cook in a pre heated oven 170°C for 3 hours or until meat is tender.
8. Stir in cornflour.
9. Chill and use as required for pies.