Tandoori Chicken with Bombay Sauce
Using Major Tandoori Mari Base, Major Bombay Mari Base and Major Roast Chicken Stock Base
Chicken Breasts - Skinless and Boneless
Onions - Cut in Half and Finely Sliced
Ginger Purée or Freshly Grated
Chopped Tomatoes in Juice
Major Roast Chicken Stock Base
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Cornflour - Mixed with a Little Cold Water
1. Make 3-4 incisions with a knife across the chicken breasts.
2. Mix Major Tandoori Mari Base and yoghurt together.
3. Add chickens and mix well. Leave to marinade overnight.
4. To make the sauce, heat oil in a pan and cook the onions and garlic over a low heat until golden brown.
5. Add vinegar, tomatoes in juice, ginger, Major Roast Chicken Stock Base, water, Major Bombay Mari Base and black pepper. Mix well.
6. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring.
7. Stir in coconut milk.
8. Stir in cornflour and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
9. Place chicken on a foil-lined baking tray and cook in a pre heated oven, 170°C for 30-40 minutes or until cooked.
10. Serve with sauce poured over chicken portions.