1. Roll out pastry and line a 23cm loose based fluted tart tin. Prick the base with a fork and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and baking beans and bake blind for 10 mins in a pre-heated oven 180ºC.
3. Remove the beans and paper and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden. Brush the inside with a little beaten egg and put back in oven for 1 minute to seal. Set aside.
4. To make the filling, beat eggs and sugar together.
5. Blend the cornflour with a little of the coconut milk in a pan.
6. Add the remaining coconut milk and bring to the boil, stirring until thickened.
7. Remove from the heat and stir in the cream and Major Clementine Fruit Base.
8. Pour over the egg mixture, stirring until smooth.
9. Pour filling into pastry case and bake for about 30 minutes at 150ºC (130ºC fan oven) until the custard is just set. Leave to cool for several hours.
10. To make the meringue, whisk egg whites until they form peaks. Tip in ½ the sugar and continue whisking until it stands in stiff peaks, lightly fold in remaining sugar.
11. Pipe meringue on top of pie and return to oven and bake until golden brown and crisp.