1. Melt butter in a pan and fry onions until soft and translucent but not brown.
2. Add parsnips and garlic purée and fry, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in thyme, coriander and cumin.
4. Pour boiling water over Major Vegetable Stock Base Paste and mix well.
5. Pour stock over parsnips.
6. Add chopped tomatoes in juice and bay leaf.
7. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 40 minutes or until parsnips are tender.
8. Remove bay leaf.
9. Liquidise in a blender.
10. Return to pan and season with pepper.
11. Whisk in cream.
12. Return to the boil and thicken to correct consistency with a little cornflour.